ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dr's Note

I have not been to the gym in the past 2 months except maybe 1-2 times. I have the herniated disc and also Plantar Fasciitis which I can't pronounce, so call it a heel spur, plus the many other aches and pains that come with being over-weight.

I went to the gym yesterday to see about freezing my membership for a while until after I find out if I need surgery or not, then after cleared by the surgeon I would be able to get back to exercising regularly. Well, I see the neurosurgeon Sept. 19th to discuss treatment options, etc. The lady that I spoke with at the gym told me that I will need to bring a DOCTOR'S NOTE to freeze the membership for 6 months max, without charge. Without a DOCTOR'S NOTE I could freeze it for 2 months with a charge.

I left the gym feeling like I was in school again, needing a doctor's note to get out of Phys Ed:

To Whom It May Concern:

Please excuse Michelle from working out today because she hurts all over
and can possibly do more damage if she does work out.

Thank You, Mr. Doctor



When I saw my main doctor, he told me once again that I really need to lose some weight and it would make me feel much better and be healthier, etc., etc., etc. We have pretty much the same conversation every time I see him. If you are overweight, you know it, why be told it all the time?? I don't resent him saying it though because that is his JOB.

I have lost 15 lbs, since March, which I am very proud of, because I have been eating a lot of ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate sauce lately and have not put on any weight. Of course that is about all that I do eat in the evening.... I figure I am covering most of the major food groups: Dairy, Protien (are peanuts GRAIN??), Fat, Chocolate.... all but the Fruit/Veggie and Grains.... but, I still have about 65 lbs to go to be any where near my "ideal" weight.

I will have to later write about the awesome analogy my doctor made about my weight/food needs.

In HIS Loving Arms...

1 comment:

RussianViolets said...

Hey, yeah on the weight loss!! I'm doing the WW thing, and I'm ready to eat anything in sight today. Tomorrow, alas, is weigh-day.