ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, July 14, 2005

1 year ago...

1 year ago this evening my life changed. As you know change can be either good or bad and this change was both. My husband and brother were in a DUI accident, my brother almost lost his life, and my husband was sent to jail because he was the drunk driver.

Luckily, if there is any luck to this event, no other car was involved.

Bad things that came from this:
  1. Totalled Mini-Van -- MINE -- my hubby was kind enough to spare his truck.
  2. Husband in the hospital and then arrested/charged with felony DUI, and jailed.
  3. Trauma and Drama of the hospital for all involved.
  4. My brother was in and out of hospital for quite a few months.
  5. Loss of income for me to keep up with house payments, bills, etc.
  6. Hubbys truck was repossessed.
  7. My depression kicked in and I was unable to parent my then 14-yr old son.
  8. My son, moved to Texas to live with an uncle, because my hubbys family felt I was neglecting Charlie.

Good things that came from this:

  1. My brother has not had a drink for the past year, and does not want one.
  2. I have become much closer to my brother, and now know his girlfriend of 5+ yrs.
  3. I am stronger, mentally, and more independant.
  4. My son went to Texas and learned he is a smart kid.
  5. I got a cat.
  6. My husband is no longer living with me.

I am sure there are many more than this but I can't think of others right now and may have to amend this later.

In his Loving Arms, forever...

No comments: