ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Taking the Day Off

Today I am taking the day off.

I have been feeling sluggish, must be the heat, lack of sleep, laziness. But I just don't want to be at work today. So... that said I did wake up and drive to work. 30 mins and 22 miles later arriving to decide that I wanted to turn around and go back home to bed. I called in the vacation day and now am sitting in the computer room at work reading blogs, email, etc., and typing this. Mind you, I am still physically "at work" .. in the building.

You may be saying: go home and do this. I work for the phone company and I don't have phone service. Neither home phone or cell phone. It actually is quite (and quiet) nice, except when I want to be online. To be online I have to make use of the computers at work.

Kinda ironic. But I am about done here and will be going to the store then home in moments. When I get home I probably will decide it is cool enough to mow the lawn, which has not been done in about three weeks, so it is about knee high, and will take twice as long to do. I have a half-acre and it is only broken up by the one shade tree (see HOT HOT HOT) and a patch of 6 out-of-control grape vines. But we have a nice bit of cloud cover today and it is expected to only get to 95, rather than 105, which is what it is suppose to get to again in the next couple days.

After mowing the lawn, if I am feeling really adventurous I will get the weed-eater out. The last time I did that the darn thing won the battle and my legs were cut up pretty bad and I swore I would not use it again. But the weeds are demanding to be cut back a little bit around the edges, and it is either cut them or let them take over more than they are now, and its not a pretty sight. I really do like to have a pretty yard, but I don't like the work it takes to make/keep it that way.

Anyways, I was only going to comment on my day off and this has gotten away from me and starting to become a mini-bitch-session. So, I am going to pack it in and get the heck out of here.
As always,

In His Loving Arms

No comments: