ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend In Review

Well, I planned to mow the lawn on Saturday and instead the wind was blowing like crazy. My allergies were so bad that I woke earlier in the morning and had a raging head-ache, probably because of the wind in the first place, and so didn't get up until about 10:30. My head was pounding, but I sat down and did a little cross stitch.

I decided that sitting in the house was not productive enough so went over to visit with my dad. As I was pulling into his driveway he was backing out of the garage, getting ready to go to his sisters house for a little while. I went inside and watched Audioslave on the direct tv FreeView. COOL. I love Audioslave, but Chris Cornell seems to be very unemotional. That was odd because I think he sings with a lot of emotion.

My dad got home but said that he was going to be going back over to his sisters for dinner, so I visited with him (sort of) for about an hour til he was getting ready to go. I went back home and from 430 until about midnight I sat in my chair and stitched, and listened to the rock station. Very productive time for me. I got a lot done.

Sunday morning I woke up early (for me on Sunday) at 7 and was ready to go when my friend arrived to pick me up for the Juvinile Diabeties walk. We got there around 830 and the walk started around 9, we were home by 1130. We got really lucky with the weather, because they were predicting rain and it didn't, but was nicely cool with some cloud cover.

The walk itself was pretty uneventful, but we happened to walk by the Sacramento Convention Center, and there were people outside protesting. These people were holding signs that read "Homosexuality is a Sin" and "God Hates Homosexuals" ... argh....

I told my friend "I am going to keep my mouth shut so that I don't get into trouble." She said "I am going to tell them that I am a Christian and that I am offended" by them and what they were doing. Well, neither of us did what we said we were going to do. When we got to the corner a man was standing there holding a Bible and saying "What does the Bible say about Homosexuality...." So, I said "It says that Christ loves EVERYONE!" and just walked on, and threw over my shoulder "And we love YOU."

It just makes me mad that these "Christians" are deciding for me what I believe. I obviously do not agree with what they were saying. I do not believe that we on Earth are to judge others, but that is for God to do, and GOD only can be the judge. I hate the small-minded, bigotted ways of people like the one on the corner. I do respect his right to stand there and express his views, but I wish that he would understand that I am a Christian and I do not agree with his views, and that is ok too.

In His Loving Arms,

1 comment:

RussianViolets said...

I have a very hard time with the very "Christian" behavior that you mentioned it here; um, how do they not realize the hypocrisy there?