ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Friday, October 28, 2005

$$ Cha-Ching $$

Yes, that is the sound of the register at the mechanics.... going crazy flipping over and over and over again like a jackpot on the one-armed-bandit.

Ok, first things first.. the gas smell is because when my brother was putting in the new spark plugs he or I must have bumped against a wire or something because the leak was being caused by a loose hose that connected the gas tank to the engine.. been fixed already!! yeah, nice and simple and only $183+ to find out!! whoo hoo....

But, also needed are many other repairs, some I knew about and others that I didn't.

  1. Transmission flush - not just new tranny fluid, but they want to flush the system because it (the fluid) instead of being the pretty red color it should be is currently the color of sludge. Knew something was needed for the tranny because kinda sluggish on right turns and I was just praying I wouldn't need a whole new one.

  2. Brakes, pads and front rotor -- knew about brakes, they are metal to metal, and starting to squeal like a stuck pig. I have someone already lined up to do the brake job!! Cheep-Cheep! A guy at work and his cousin can do the job during his lunch hour, so I don't have to take it anywhere!! Cheap, under the table labor is wonderful sometimes. Sorry all you legit mechanics, but have to go this way!

  3. Tires - pretty obvious, but can't really afford the benji's for that quite yet, need the brakes more than the tires right now.

  4. Valve cover gasket - ?? huh what's that?

  5. Fuel filter - $23 for the filter (at the shop, prob half that at pep boys) and $45 labor!, nah, can have someone else do that too, if I ask around might find someone at work -- maybe the brake guy??

  6. Distribution wires -- totally forgot about changing them when I did the spark plugs! DOH! Can do those myself even, I do know how to do that, or at least think so, but if not can have my bro do it, as long as he does not knock the gas line loose again!!

  7. Oil Change - the said I needed it changed and oil filter too... however I just changed the oil, but then the guy amended his comment, says oil is low, and explained to me how I need to check it, especially after changing it to make sure there is enough in there.... I didn't tell him that I have already chkd it and it is clearly in the hash-mark area between the words ADD and FULL... I am not that stupid... well I am but do actually check the oil once in a while, not as often as suppose to be often enough!


I have agreed for them to do the tranny flush, because that is something that I certainly can't do myself and I know that I can't afford to have the tranny go out on my car at any time in the near or far future.

I am trying really hard to be a responsible adult. It is really hard to do when it comes to cars. I am one of those people who does not really want to know how to do anything on the car myself. Filling the gas tank, checking the radiator, oil, brake fluids, that is about the extent of my expertise. OH, also check the tires to make sure they are at the right PSI, and for any nails etc. that may cause my sorry ass to be parked along side the freeway, waiting for some nice person to realize I need help. (no cell phone!)

I know the process for changing the air filter, and the oil/oil filter, but I don't want to have to do it myself and get my hands dirty. OCD about dirt and germs you know.... But, I can do them if I need to, I just don't want to. Anything else beyond that and I am in trouble...

Well, today will end up costing me about $325.00 or so, plus a vacation day. But, I know that in the long run it will save me big BUCKS.... and the diagnostic being done on my car is worth the money if I listen to the results and get the car fixed soon.

Now, I just need to play the lottery, because if I don't play I can't win!!! and I need to be shouting SHOW ME THE MONEY right about now!!

Love and Peace y'all...Poor Purple Hydrangea is...
In His Loving Arms

No comments: