ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the I have not's and the I have's

I have been feeling really good about losing the 11 lbs in the first week of my “not a diet but a change in eating habits” thing. Everyone keeps reminding me that “it is probably just water weight” or something along that line. I know that the weight loss will not be that way every week, and probably not even close to it, and was reminded of that when I stepped on the scale this morning to see it a couple pounds more than it was on Monday morning!

I think the biggest thing for me is changing my eating habits. I mean, yeah I could stand to lose the weight, and I think I will do so, but in order to do that I HAVE TO CHANGE. I have to change how I think about food. I have to change how much I eat. I have to change what I eat. I have to change where I eat. NOW, WHO MOVED MY DAMN CHEESE!?!

Oh, yeah I can’t have cheese. At least not like I would like to. I did have some on my salad on Sunday, some yummy blue cheese…. yyyyuuuummm... *thinking of cheese* ... Ok, snap back to reality now.

CHANGE IS HARD. Gee, am I or not the first person to say so?? NOT. Ok, so it has been a week and a half. The positives other than the bit of poundage off my frame are these:


  1. I have not had Chinese food, not even at church where I may have been “forgiven?!?”
  2. I have not had PIZZA… mmmm cheese again.
  3. I have not had Mexican food, that’s even been hard because I love going to Cilantro’s downtown and having a tostada with carnitas.
  4. I have not had any candy. When I feel like breaking down and breaking open the bag of Kisses in the cabinet, I have settled for sugar-free gum. I even have it sitting just on the counter in the kitchen, right under that blasted cabinet with the Kisses.
  5. I have not had any sugar, neither in my tea nor coffee. I have been sweetening my tea with Splenda, and my coffee with either Splenda or sugar-free flavored syrup.
  6. I have not had any bread, tortillas, pasta, rice, or potatoes of any kind.
  7. I have not had dairy (which I am allergic to by the way) meaning no ICE CREAM, no cream in my coffee, no yogurt, no cheese (other than the aforementioned).
  8. I have had no cookies, crackers or chips.

    And also these other positives:

  9. I have reintroduced myself to vegetables, with little or no butter/mayonnaise/dressing added.
  10. I have started cooking at home. I was previously eating out at least 3-4 times a week. More if you count breakfast from the roach-coach each morning.
  11. I have started eating fruit again. It is actually quite tasty. Blueberries frozen and straight from the bag, these are awesome, even if it turns my teeth purple.
  12. I have learned that frozen pineapple and its juice is even better than just from the can.
  13. I have been CLEANING my kitchen, learning that if I have to cook, then it has to be clean, or at least the dishes do.
  14. I have started an avocado plant with a pit from one of my yummy avocados.
  15. My son now knows that I can cook eggs, scrambled, that taste good.


Wow, I think this is a very impressive list.

*Patting myself on the back.*

Remaining in HIS loving arms…

1 comment:

Shera36 said...

I love purple and I love Hydrangeas ... and I love Jesus ... so my google search for where to find some Christian purple stuff for my kitchen remodel ... landed me on your site.
I was cool reading about your diet. I don't recognize it ... which one is ... I'm always on one or another ... clearly .. I must be on the see food diet right now .... since I've gained back the weight I lost last time... plus 3 pounds! rrrrr ....

So anyway .... thanks for being out here and you've got my prayers.
Your sis in Christ
Pam
shera36 at cox dot net