ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dieting...

I started a new diet on Monday. I have only tried real, planned, diets a couple of times before, because I do not like to plan things out. Traditionally, I have just tried to eat less, or eat out less, or exercise more … but nothing really thought out.

I got the diet from Health magazine and it seems pretty easy to follow, so far. The diet claims that you NEVER feel hungry. It suggests not eating dairy, grain or soy products, or eating very limited amounts. I am suppose to have at least 10 ounces of water with each meal.

I have to admit I am craving ice cream and candy. It is hard to not miss my favorite foods: Chinese and Pizza. Actually I have eaten more food in the past 2 days than I usually eat in one day, it is just very different type of food, and it is through out the day.

This diet is heavy on fruits and vegetables, with protein at every meal too.

I am feeling a little cranky and hungry, even though I am not really hungry. I believe it is just sugar withdrawals. I really wanted to eat some candy last night, I have bags of Kisses in the kitchen, but I had some will power and didn’t. Instead I fixed myself a cup of mint tea and used Splenda in it for the sweetness.

This is what my diet has looked like so far:

Monday breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, ½ cup blueberries, 1 banana
Monday break: 1 large orange
Monday lunch: lettuce wraps with turkey breast (abt 3 oz), ½ avocado, 1 roma tomatoe, mustard
Monday afternoon break: 1 apple with 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
Monday dinner: 4oz of steak, pan seared with Hoisin sauce, cooked in olive and sesame oil, 1 cup brussel sprouts
Monday evening snack: 1 cup of grapes

Tuesday (I didn’t go to work and slept til almost noon): 2 scrambled eggs, 2 lean turkey sausage patties, ½ avocado, 1 roma tomato, salsa and a smidge of sour cream
Tuesday dinner: leftovers: steak and brussel sprouts
Tuesday evening snack: grapes and 2 tablespoons peanut butter

Wednesday breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cup blueberries, ½ cup peaches
Wednesday break: orange
Wednesday lunch: 4 oz tuna fish, with 1 hard boiled egg, 2 tomatos, 3 celery stalks
Wednesday afternoon break: ½ cup baby carrots, 2 tablespoons peanut butter

I don’t know what I am going to have for dinner yet, probably chicken salad.

The diet also comes with a 20-25 minute workout, which I have not brought myself to do yet. But think I may start that this afternoon, as well as going to the gym at the apartment to do some treadmill or elliptical machine for a little bit. I am going to start slow on the exercise, because I really HATE it.

No comments: