ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, January 10, 2008

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid

I have never thought of myself as simple, or stupid, but in looking at my life for the past year I have been living quite simply.

I have no car, no home phone, no internet access. My phone is 13 inches diagonal, with no cable, no dish. I have rabbit ear antennae and still get only 2 stations reasonably well, channels 40 and 31. I have a little boom-box that Charlie got for Christmas a few years ago. It can play one CD, and I get only one station in clearly on it.

In order to get places I still am relying on others, whether it is friends, co workers, family, or the Sacramento Regional Transit. For shopping, I usually just pick up what I can comfortably carry home; just a few items each trip. Once in a while I have my dad take me shopping, when I load down the trunk with groceries and paper products, cat supplies, etc.

I have tried to curtail unnecessary spending, mostly because I really don’t have much to spare. Rent takes up 66% of my income (after taxes). Utilities: gas, water, garbage, electric, cell phone take up another 200. SO, I basically have about $200 a month to live on, and it doesn’t take a genius to know that I have to live simply.

No comments: