ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

House Woes

My house is in pre-foreclosure, due to a lot of things some of which I have mentioned in earlier posts. We (my soon-to-be-ex and I) have gotten with a realtor and have put the house on the market in hopes of selling before forclosing.

The realtor originally put the house on market, asking price of $225k which I believed was way too high. After about two weeks, given the state of the housing market right now, the realtor approched us with lowering the asking price to $189k. This is much more reasonable, and hopefully will help sell it faster.

There have not been many looky-loos yet, and I know this is because of the Christmas holiday and the horrible wet weather we have been having recently. I am starting to get a little down, but keep telling myself that God is guiding me and will not steer me wrong. I have always put my complete faith in Him, even with all the bad stuff happening.

I know that moving out of the house is going to be a difficult task. I hate to pack and so have started doing this a little bit-by-bit. I hate to clean and have not done much of that yet! but I know that time will come. I really have no choice but to move in with my Dad -- again -- at the prime age of 39. I don't know what I would do without him here to hold me up.

I have talked with him a little bit about the move. It depresses him so I don't mention it often, then he says that I don't ever tell him what's going on with my life, etc. so I really cant seem to win!!! I know that I will not be able to stay with him for a long period of time, though it actually would be good for him to have someone around, as he is getting older, more ill and depressed. I know that I can't stay with him for those very reasons, so that I can keep my sanity, and deal with my own depression healthily. When I told him that I will have to eventually find a place, probably in Sacramento, and move to town, he said "You're abandoning me." I told him that is not true, and then listed all the good things my living in town would bring me.

I would be closer to work, and could ride a bike if I had an apartment close enough. Living in town would save me 50 miles drive each day, and therefore about $250-400 in gas costs per month. I would be more likely to eat at home more, if I have a decent kitchen to cook in, and that I could get home to early enough in the day. Charlie would be living closer to school and could walk or ride bike to and from, saving him the wait after school for me to pick him up. I could do things with friends who live in town, who do not want to drive out to my "neck of the woods" because they have never been out of the city and think it is sooooo far to go.

There are a lot of good things that I have been thinking about that can be a result of selling the house and moving out. I hopefully will also have enough money to finally file and get the divorce that I have been putting off for a year now! and could pay off debts which are very outstanding!and I can help get Charlie braces for his horrible teeth (better late than never), and maybe even have enough left over for lasik surgery for me.

So, I am trying to stay positive in my thoughts and remind myself that I am always and forever...

In His Loving Arms

No comments: