ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, June 09, 2005

the thinks we remember...

I talked to Charlie last night to wish him Happy Birthday. I called at 640pm my time which is two hours earlier than it is in TX where he is. When he got on the phone I said "Almost Happy Birthday" and he laughed and said that it was his birthday all day ...

I told him NO, actually 15 years ago right now this actual minute you still had not been born. You were born at 844pm --and I stressed that it was California time, so he still had 2 hrs to go to OFFICIALLY be 15. Bummer.

He laughed and said he had been wondering what time of day he was born, and for some reason always thought it was morning.

Isn't it strange the thinks we think??

It's also strange the thinks we remember (and yes I am spelling it the way it is)...

When Charlie was born I had already been in the hospital over 24 hrs, on medication to get him to get the hell out of me ! (yeah right) .. he was already almost 2 wks overdue, but as a first baby not really a big concern. I had to have the plug removed for me, water-broken for me, contractions done FOR ME.. get the picture? All this while hooked up to monitors both around my belly and attached to the baby thru my .. well... you know.. so I couldn't even get up and walk around like they promised me I could do.

I had been going thru this for quite a long time and I must admit that the contractions were getting more intense but I still was not dilating like I should have. I asked for pain meds which I really didn't want to take, but couldn't handle it any more, so I was in la-la land when all hell broke loose.

The baby's monitor went ballistic and about 2000 staff members came running into the room (it really seemed like 2000 but probably was about 6), with me getting turned this way and that way and hands here there and everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE, in order to get the baby back to normal. whew it was crazy

Well, long story short I ended up having a C-section anyways and he had a great Apgar score and weight a decent 9.0 lbs.

I also remember I was extremely blessed to have this beautiful baby boy in my life.

in His loving arms...

No comments: