ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Monday, March 02, 2009

Yesterday I was Worship Leader at church....

Here are the parts that I got to do:
==========================

Call to Worship:

Leader: In this season, we bear in mind the trials and suffering of Jesus Christ.

People: Lent is a time of reflection; it is a time of tears.

Leader: But out of tears, hope is born anew, and life can be restored.

All: We worship the Lord, giver of life, who comes to us day by day and restores our souls.

Opening Prayer:

Spirit God, May your light guide us in new directions. May your spirit breathe new life into us. May we have strength and energy to understand Your plan for us. We seek to be reborn, restored, and renewed by You, so that we can be used by You to transform the world through your son, Jesus the Christ. Amen.

Scripture:

Today’s scripture can be found in the pew bibles page 492, and large print page 502

Psalm 25: 1-25

I am reading from the New International Version.

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.

No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.



=============================================

Stewardship Thought:

In Ephesians 4:11-12 it says: Christ chose some of us to be apostles, prophets, missionaries, pastors, and teachers, so that his people would learn to serve and his body would grow strong.

So, has Christ chosen YOU yet? Are you doing what you can to serve God? Here in this building? Here in this community? Here in this world? Do you even know what your gifts are?

Among us I know of singers, musicians, child care providers, greeters, diaconate, elders, storytellers, preachers, teachers and sound board operators. Many of you serve God through nursing, mentoring, knitting and crocheting and sewing layettes, building homes for Habitat, working at museums and libraries, coaching little league or soccer… Any time you help at the food bank, or write a check for Week of Compassion, Heifer International, or the Red Cross … Any time you give blood, send a card to a friend who is feeling low, give a hug or offer your hand; when you listen in love and kindness, even when you hold a door for someone else …. YOU ARE SERVING GOD.

This church is truly blessed with abundance. Many of us share our gifts in more than one way. Wouldn’t life be boring if we held fast to our gifts and didn’t share them with others?

The diaconate will now Serve God and take your offerings.


Offertory Prayer:

God of abundance, you have blessed us not only with the opportunity to give, but with the gifts that we are to bring. Might our gifts we bring this day represent the fullness of our belief in You as our Creator, our Provider, and our Sustainer. Find us faithful in our sharing.

In the name of Jesus, we bring our gifts and seek your blessing. Amen.




2 comments:

Danny Bradfield said...

Yeah! Good for you!
Nice 'do, too.

Purple Hydrangea said...

Thanks! It was scary getting in front of church... 3+ times more people than I am use to!