ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Poor Max

Tomorrow I leave for Fall Retreat which the women of my regional church attend each year. It is in the beautiful Mission Springs conference grounds, just outside of Santa Cruz, CA.

I have arranged to have Charlie's grandmother pick him up tonight and get him to school tomorrow and then keep him all weekend. It took me a while to work up the nerve to do this and finally asked her last night. I previously had only asked her to pick him up from school on Friday, but then thought, heck I need time to get laundry done and packed too! So, I took the plunge and asked, and of course she said yes with no hesitation.

Then later last night I was thinking, oh crap what about Max and Jules? Max hates sleeping outside, he loves blankies and pillows. Who will feed them? So this morning I told Charlie that "if he wants" he and his father can stay at the house this weekend, or at least come over and stay for a while to take care of the animals, etc. It's pretty bad that I am feeling more guilty over Max having to sleep outside than anything else. What a damn spoiled baby!

Max has been going upstairs with Charlie at 830p since school started. I usually go up at 11ish. I got into the habit of letting Max on the bed with me, to "cuddle," when Charlie was in TX earlier this year, and so he kinda expects as a right now, rather than luxury. Max usually waits for an invitation but lately has been getting up there on his own. In the past week I have gone up to bed and Max is not on the bed but has just slinked off. The imprint of his body, still hot and doggie-smelling, getting closer and closer to "my side" of the bed. Two nights ago his head was obviously ON MY PILLOW. Well the next day I bought a new comfortor (the cat had marked the old one and I was feeling like getting a new one anyways), and donated my old blanket to Max. He is now firmly positioned on the floor again, with his own blankie and "pillow" throw too. No more dog on the bed for a while.

In his loving arms,

No comments: