ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Friday, September 09, 2005

Beat me with the bloody stump... please

In light of recent events in the world I really don't want to bitch about things, but... I am going to anyways....

My arm and neck HURT. A LOT. I would rate it about a 6 most of the time, but there are moments and blocks of hours that it increases to about an 8 or 9 easily. I feel like it would be better to just tear off my left arm and beat myself about the head and shoulders.

I think it hurts more often and more noticably since it was diagnosed. Now that I know there is a real reason for the pain it is more apparent. Before I was diagnosed it was just thought to be "stress" "depression" "tension" "all in my head" ... and too many others to mention.

I have been taking pain medication, over-the-counter Excedrin and Tylenol PM, to get thru the days and nights. I really don't like to take pain pills. I have nothing against medication. Give me my Effexor and Wellbutrin, my vitamins and supplements, antihistamines and decongestants... but I DO NOT LIKE TO TAKE PAIN PILLS. They signify weakness to me and even though I am a hypocondriac, I still don't like to admit that I need them to get thru the day/night.

I have people in my family who are in so much more pain and have suffered so much more pain than I probably ever will. Who the hell do I think I am to bitch about this minor pain? My brother went thru months of recovery after his accident and probably never will feel completely 100% ever again, but he does not complain. My favorite cousin has cancer, and while I am sure she is bitching about it (and justified in doing so), if I know her she is laughing in the face of the big C.

Some people are giving me all sort of advice about needing to see a chiropractor and not have surgery. Well, from what I have read and from those people who have had surgery for herniated disc, I am going to push to have surgery. If a disc is herniated, bone crunchers can't fix it, they can releave some of the tension possibly, but I would still probably have to end up having the surgery anyways, so let's just get it over with.

Well, sigh, enough of that for now, my lunch is over with.

In His Loving, Painfree Arms...

No comments: