ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Beginning Week 3

Three weeks ago yesterday I started going to Jazzercise classes! Today is the beginning week 3 of my Spark life. I am still down 10 lbs. and my measurements have not changed much, but I am not giving up hope like I would usually do. I know this will be an ongoing battle. I did not gain all this weight and become unhealthy in 2 weeks and so I will not get healthy and lose the weight that quickly either.

I have been attending Jazzercise Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday. Two of the classes are morning, the other 3 are evening. This has been a real adjustment for me. I am use to going home after work and sitting on my butt for the entire evening. Now I go home, get ready for class, take the class, come home, MAKE dinner, eat, WASH the dishes right away... then and only then will I let myself sit down.

I have started to eat breakfast every morning, making lunches every day, and cooking dinner. I have started to go shopping for groceries and making smart choices. I have been to a fast food drive thru only twice, and I knew what I was going to get before going so that I would be within my calorie range. I have bought a food scale and am using it, and the measuring cup/spoons... EVERYTHING that goes on my plate is portioned.

The first 2 weeks were easy. My son was off to his grandfather's home for that time. It allowed me space to get in a groove. He came home on Sunday and so far so good. I have told him that I am doing this. Explained why and told him that if he wants he can come with me to the class site. I gave him the option to sit and watch the class (which he did on Tuesday), or he can get a basketball and play hoops on the court in the park, or just hang in the car and listen to his music or whatever.

I have food on hand that an 18-y.o. boy will like. He can make himself his regular food-stuff during the day like usual, but he can either eat the food that I make at night or not. His choice.

He complained about the pot roast that I served last night. He just does not like steak/roast. I told him he didn't have to eat it but if he wanted something else he would have to scrounge for it. He really like the 7-grain mix that I cooked, so I am going to go and get more of it. It was really nutty and crunchy, with great flavor.

I took him shopping with me Monday night and we picked out some healthy food together. Luckily I got him drinking Silk a few years ago and so he really likes that (I don't drink milk), and yogurt he loves. I know he won't touch my cottage cheese, nor the fruits and veggies that I have bought. He will eat the veggies if I cook them, but he won't do it on his own.

Overall he is being very supportive, and maybe I will start setting some sort of example to him.

Wish me luck as I begin week 3!

3 comments:

Danny Bradfield said...

Way to go!

BTW, we drink Silk. $5 for two half gallons at Target, which, for us, is just a few blocks away.

Brad Whittington said...

Michelle, welcome aboard to StupidInternetTricks.com on Twitter (@SitOnTwit).

Good luck with the Jazzercise and Spark. The Head Trickster has been modifying his diet for the past year and doing more exercise and it's starting to pay off, so hang in there. It's totally worth it.

Purple Hydrangea said...

Thanks Brad! and I really enjoy StupidInternetTricks!