ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Playing Hooky

This past weekend I went to Gathering of Women in Selma, CA. This is about a 3.5 hr drive from my work and I was lucky enough to get a ride with one of the women from the Woodland church. She drove the whole way there and back, and I was very grateful. I tend to fall asleep when I drive even short distances.

The weather was miserable on the way south, pouring rain, lightening, thunder -- plus Friday afternoon traffice. We left Sac at 4pm and made only one stop for quick dinner at In&Out, making it to Selma around 830p.

The Gathering was wonderful and I am so happy that I was able to go. The church it was held at was an awesome church. I love seeing the different styles of all the different churches around.

The weather on the way home was absolutely perfect, fluffy clouds in the blue sky. Traffic was minimal. We made it home before dark, and we left Selma at 330p.

However..... I was still exhausted. Travelling drains me. I was in bed Saturday night around 10pm, and when I went to bed I really truely did plan to go to church Sunday morning. I was suppose to lead the service, as our pastor was out of town for a wedding and I was suppose to help the visiting pastor and intro the songs, and do the joys/concerns, etc....

I woke up around 9am and went back to sleep "just for a little while" but when I woke up it was 1130 already! Church starts at 1030 so I was a little late... and so I went back to sleep. I knew that our church members would step up to the plate and handle it. Actually, I knew that my dad was already scheduled to be Elder and that he would probably be the one doing the job. (I was right.)

Dad got home after church and I was just getting out of the shower, but I was still exhausted. Dad later told me that he was really worried because I rarely miss church, especially when I am scheduled to do something. He said that he checked in on me a few times before he left for work and that I had not moved from my sleeping postion, and that when I did not show up for church he was then wondering if I was dead in bed or ???

I had to apologize to him and next week I will be apologizing to my church also... Plus, darn it, the sermon was one that I wish I had not missed, after I heard about it.

In His Loving Arms

No comments: