ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I am crying...

I am very frustrated and upset.

Charlie was supposed to have graduated from High School a year ago. Class of 2008. He did not pass all his classes senior year and so was not able to walk in graduation ceremonies, or get diploma, and had to instead go to summer school.

We were ok with all that. He went to summer school – 2 sessions and passed both with A’s… he did his senior project and was told he passed that also.

We never followed up on getting his diploma. Just figured he passed that was it; and we never got anything from the school telling us otherwise. We were in no hurry to get his actual, physical diploma because he was not planning on going to school right away and we figured “just wait til you need it.”

I have been telling him for a year, however, “call the school and go over and pick up your diploma…” which he never did. I didn’t push him, figured he needed to do what he needed to do, and would do it at his own pace.

And, so an entire school year has come and gone, and a new one is starting up right now…

Well, this past week Charlie decided to look into Wyo-Tech and decided it was finally time to get his actual diploma from the high school… he made the call. And – was told that he didn’t graduate!!!!!

WHAT!!!!????

They say he needed a few more classes. A FEW MORE… HUH?

So, I called and left a message for his guidance counselor to call me and also sent an email. This was last week and didn’t hear anything back. No panic, the school is busy with the first of the year stuff and so I figured I would wait a few days.

I called again today and actually got to speak with the counselor and he pulled up Charlie’s information. It did not show his senior project grade, or his summer school class grades, and didn’t have information from his 9th grade first semester classes………. My mind boggles…

He is going to check into it and get back to me.

Wow, we really dropped the ball on this didn’t we… I should have followed thru, Charlie should have called them when I told him to, the school and district never contacted us to advise us that Charlie did not graduate.

I just want to cry though, and have been. It is eating me up.

No comments: