ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nostalgia

I was thinking last night about the power of nostalgia. I was listening to the radio and the station I listen to most of the time (only because it is the only station I can get clearly) is the Eagle, which is "classic rock."

It is amazing how much particular songs bring back to our minds, isn't it? The memories a song can invoke.

One of the commercials that played was an announcement for KISS. This got me thinking about my best friend in junior high, Jamie, and her brother who was a KISS fan. I started wondering how their family is doing. I have not kept in touch with Jamie, though I do have her email and we both send junk email back and forth every once in a while. It also brought to mind how at the jr. high school dances I was the unofficial "disco queen." Gosh, I was SUCH A GEEK. I still like disco.

No comments: