ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rest-less

Last night I had about 4 hours of sleep. I did not nap during the day, and I was tired. When I did put down my video game and decide it was time to sleep, I lay there for at least an hour. I tossed and turned, laying first on my right side, then my left. Bunching up the pillow, pillow flat, arm out to the side, arm close to my side. Nothing worked. I don’t remember what thoughts were going through my head either, although I do know they were there.

Finally I fell asleep. Then around 4:30am I woke up. I don’t know what triggered it, just that I was awake. About 5 or 10 minutes later I heard someone get in their car, start up and leave. My thought at that point was “gosh I am glad I don’t have to be at work at this ungodly hour.” I turned over and tried to sleep again.

The cat heard the person outside and took that time to climb up in the window. His tail made “swish swish” sounds as he twitched while looking out. A bird started singing. Well, actually it was not singing to me. Just NOISE. Another bird started in. The day was dawning, and I was not ready for it. I didn’t hear the mockingbird this morning, just two other birds with their common voices raised in song, welcoming the day.

I finally fell asleep again, I don’t know what time it was. The next sound I heard was my alarm clock waking me up again. It was 6:27am. The alarm is programmed to start beeping at 6:05am. I must have turned it off a few times before it pried into my mind and made me get up.

No comments: