ME

ME
ME

Check out SparkPeople

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Share the Spark!

Site Meter

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Falling off the Bike

I didn't want to post this earlier because of the damage, from my pride. Two weeks ago I mis-calculated and turn and fell off my bike. I was crossing at the overpass on Truxel going over I-80, and I had to get across two lanes of traffic which was entering the freeway. I waited for a clear spot in the traffic and went for it... got across the road ok but then hit the curb of the sidewalk. I didn't turn the wheel sharp enough and it caught up on it and I went tumbling.

Now, I don't know if you can picture it but after the sidewalk is the slope of a hill that goes from the top of the overpass down to the freeway. I thought for a second that I would be rolling down the hill but I didnt.. luckily. And, better yet, I don't think anyone saw me fall. I popped back up, brushed off and continued on my way. I bit later my elbow was stinging and I looked down to see a scratch from mid-forearm to the eblow itself, and it was bleeding a little. It was basically roadrash, but no other injuries, (excepts my ego).

It was kind of funny because earlier that day I was talking with my supervisor Deborah about where to find my body if I don't show up for a few days. This was one of the two worrisome spots in my ride home. The other was on the OTHER side of the freeway. I must have jinxed myself or something. It was actually a little funny, and I can laugh at myself about it now. I still worry about those areas but am a little more cautious now.

And, as always,

I remain in His Loving Arms

No comments: